A hiker's paradise awaits you!
- Customize your tour to your fitness
- Do not hike without careful planning
- Take the right equipment with you - pack only what is neccesary
- Obtaining information about the tour and weather conditions
- Make sure you take a break (at least every two hours for ten-minutes)
- Drink and eat frequently
- Never leave the marked path
- In case of danger or bad weather cancel the tour within reasonable time
- Carry emergency equipment (first-aid box, flashlight, mobile phone) in every backpack
The central location of Uttendorf (between Kitzbühel and Zell am See) makes it a splendid destination in the Hohe Tauern National Park.
Lush green high pastures, rare alpine flowers and first-rate mountain panoramas - this is what a holiday in the hill country of Uttendorf/Weißsee is all about.
The toll-free "Stubachtal Valley Panorama Road" leads through one of the most terrific Tauerntal Valleys to the Enzingerboden. With the comfortable 6-person gondolas of the Weißsee glacier railways you have a wonderful start to the Hohe Tauern National Park. Enjoy a glimpse into the world of glaciers and peaks that are higher than 3,000m. The starting point for numerous tours is the Rudolfshütte Mountain Lodge at the Weißsee (2,315m).
The Weißsee Glacier Railways operate from Jun 23 - Oct 14, 2018 daily from 9.00am - 12.00am and 1.00pm - 5.00pm.
Here you can find the timetable for the hiking taxi.
During our guided hikes you are accompanied by certified hiking guides who know the surroundings by heart.
They'll make sure that the hike and its many experiences will stay in your memory forever - you won't forget your holiday in the Uttendorf/Weißsee National Park Village, that's for sure.
- Every monday: family andventure walking-tour in the Weißsee Glacier World
- Every saturday: Kalser Tauern Hike
- Every tuesday & friday: glacier hiking-tour
During the summer months – from early July to mid-September - the information huts at the valley entrance of the Hohe Tauern National Park are open.
The National Park Rangers will help visitors with advices and local hiking maps. The information huts are open from monday to Friday and are positioned directly at the entrance of the Valley.
The information hut in Uttendorf/Weißsee is located in front of the mountainhotel Rudolfshuette.
guided tour with an Nationalparkranger:
- every tuesday & thursday : journey to the arctic
- every wednesday & friday: hiking to the "Wiegenwald"
visit the Nationalpark Tourenportal
The Mountain Guides and Hiking Accompanists from the National Park Region will be your partner for a variety of tours.
Certified Mountain Guides:
- Christian Steger-Jud, Tel. +43 664/20 10 439, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.mountainsport.at
- Stefan Altenberger, Tel. +43 660/26 61 491, E-mail: email@example.com, www.bergfuehrer-hohetauern.at
- Günter Volgger, Tel. +43 664/50 58 509, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gvolgger.at
- Traudi Waltl, Tel. +43 6563 20150, Weißsee Gletscherwelt
Further walking-possibilities in the Hohe Tauern National Park area you will find here!